* The Radial Spatial Search can now be performed using a center point, UFI, or UNI.
This change applies to all available spatial search options - displayed results,
output searches and Generic Term Glossary searches.
* A new lookup link has been added for the name types. The link will allow you to query
for output information about the defined GeoNames name types.
* New links have been added to allow easy access to the NGA GEOnet Names Server splash
page (GNS Home) or the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency home page (NGA Home).
* A new name type, Anglicized Variant (VA), has been added as a search option. Historic (H)
and Historic Native Script (HS) have been removed. These names types will soon be obsolete.
* A new button has been added to check the Approved Names (Conventional and Approved).
* A new button has been added to check or uncheck all name type selections.
* New columns have been added to the Generic Term Glossary display results. The country code
will be present on all displayed results. The Administrative Region will be displayed when
those values are part of the search parameters.
* Quick Search query results include the MGRS values for the GeoNames.
* Quick and Detailed searches now include the number of features and names returned by the
* A new GNS Survey link has been added to the site. The survey information provided will
allow GeoNames to ensure your needs are being met and learn how to improve your experience.